A few weeks aga, I published a package on GitHub, which I called RQDAassist. The package was inspired by a script I wrote to help RQDA users, myself included, to install the package after it was archived on CRAN when R 4.0 arrived on the scene. So, when RQDAassist was first published, that was its only real functionality.
Today, I am releasing a minor update (v. 0.2.0) that has a few functions added. It can now convert transcripts written in Word into plain text files – a desired format for RQDA projects – and it can prepare those test files into objects that can be read, in bulk, into an RQDA database. Another thing I personally needed for my work was the ability to seaarch qualitative codes using R scripts rather than the graphics user interface; so I wrote a search function, which currently works for active RQDA projects.
This package has so far been tested on Windows 10 (x64) but it should work fine on other major platforms (any subequent update will include the relevant tests for Linux and Mac OS).
There are no plans to take this package to CRAN and indeed there should be no need to do so once RQDA installation from that repository is fully restored. But I find the prospect of additional helper functions to be quite useful in my work and hope others do too. I hope to see these functionalities expand over time.